esq/esque/esk on tigirc, esquar on tigsource forums.
I'm an admin, so if you need help, ask away.
removed from the frontpage for a while
I want to somewhere mention the following:
- Chris Crawford
- Eric Chahi, who did Another World/Out of this World and Flashback
- Jordan Mechner who did the original Prince of Persia
- Keita Takahashi of Katamari Damacy and Noby Noby Boy(the latter almost seems to me to be an indie game). Also judged for SOWN.
- M.U.L.E. apparently influential, haven't played it myself.
- Pixeljunk games by Q games: Pixeljunk Racers, Monsters, Eden, Shooter. Nominated for an IGF award.
- Gun Fu Deadlands
- Rolando by Hand Circus
- Osmos and its creator Hemisphere Games
- Melolune by Laura Shigihara (Shigsy)
- Artsy Games Incubator
- Vessel 
- Adult Swim
- Continuity 
- Hydorah making of
as a category:
- Off-Road Velociraptor Safari to the HD version(which is now cancelled)
- Meat Boy -> Super Meat Boy
- FlOw flash to PSN
- Closure flash to something more efficient
- Spelunky PC to XBLA
- Crayon Physics to Crayon Physics Deluxe
- La-Mulana to WiiWare version
- Zeux's World to Zeta's World
- Cave Story to WiiWare version
- N to N+
- Dyson to Eufloria
- Eversion to the HD version
- Enviro-Bear 2000 to EB 2010(for iPhone, granted only for a buck)
All these titles were first released for free, before expanding upon the original and polishing it, and releasing it commercially.