Chris Crawford is a noted computer game designer and writer.
In the 1980s, Crawford created important games.
Crawford founded The Journal of Computer Game Design and organizes the Computer Game Developers' Conference.
Crawford graduated from the University of Missouri--Columbia in 1975 with an M.S. in Physics.
Crawford is the Chief Technology Officer at Oregon-based Storytron .
- Tanktics (1978)
- Wizard (released 25 years later, with the Atari Flashback 2)
- Energy Czar
- Eastern Front (1941) (1981)
- Excalibur (1983)
- Balance of Power (1985)
- Patton Versus Rommel (1987)
- Trust & Betrayal: The Legacy of Siboot (1987)
- Balance of Power: The 1990 Edition (1989)
- The Global Dilemma: Guns & Butter (1990)
- Balance of the Planet (1990)
- Patton Strikes Back (1991)
- Balance of Power: 21st Century (2009)
- De Re Atari (contributor) (1982)
- The Art of Computer Game Design (1982) (The first book on game design, available as a free online version)
- Balance of Power (1986)
- The Art of Interactive Design (2002) ISBN 1-886411-84-0
- Chris Crawford on Game Design (2003) ISBN 0-13-146099-4
- Chris Crawford on Interactive Storytelling (2004) ISBN 0-321-27890-9
- He wrote the first book on game design, "The Art of Computer Game Design", in 1982.
- He founded the GDC in his living room, until it was stolen from him by Ernest Adams.
- He is famous for his 'Dragon Speech' at GDC in 1992.